The Wrong Road
is a 1937 American film directed by James Cruze. The film is now in the public domain.
A young married couple (Cromwell and Mack), whose plans for their life together haven't turned out as expected, decide to rob the bank where the husband works of $100,000, then hide the money in a safe place and return for it after they serve out their sentences.
All goes according to plan until they get out of prison, when they find that they're being trailed by an insurance investigator (Atwill) and the husband's old cellmate, who says he wants a cut of the money.
- Richard Cromwell (actor) as Jimmy Caldwell
- Helen Mack as Ruth Holden
- Lionel Atwill as Mike Roberts
- Horace McMahon as Blackie Clayton
- Russ Powell as Chief Ira Foster
- Billy Bevan as McLean
- Marjorie Main as Martha Foster
- Rex Evans as Victor J. Holbrook
- Joseph Crehan as District Attorney
- Arthur Hoyt as Beamish, bank teller
- Syd Saylor as Big Hobo
- Selmer Jackson as Judge
- Chester Clute as Dan O'Fearna
Category:1930s drama films
Category:Republic Pictures films