Windbag the Sailor
(1936) is a British comedy film directed by William Beaudine, starring Will Hay in the title role. Ben Cutlet (Will Hay) is a sea captain who entertains his bar room audience with tales of his days at sea, even though in reality his maritime experience extends only to navigating a coal barge. His tall tales catch him out when he is conned into commanding the Rob Roy
, an unseaworthy ship, to the West Indies by a gang of criminals who mean to scuttle the ship for the insurance money.
The film marked the first appearance of the famous team of Hay, Moffatt and Marriott.
- Will Hay as Captain Ben Cutlet
- Moore Marriott as Jerry Harbottle
- Graham Moffatt as Albert
- Norma Varden as Olivia Potter-Porter
- Kenneth Warrington as Yates
- Dennis Wyndham as Jim Maryatt
- Amy Veness as Emma Harbottle
- Leonard Sharp as Crew member
Category:British comedy films
Category:1930s comedy films
Category:Films directed by William Beaudine