Road to Ruin
is a 1934 exploitation film directed by Dorothy Davenport, under the name "Mrs. Wallace Reid", and Melville Shyer, and written by Davenport with the uncredited contribution of the film's producer, Willis Kent. The film, which is in the public domain, is about a young girl whose life is ruined by sex and drugs.
- Helen Foster (actress) as Ann Dixon
- Nell O'Day as Eve Monroe
- Glen Boles as Tommy
- Robert Quirk as Ed
- Paul Page (actor) as Ralph Bennett
- Richard Hemingway as Brad
- Virginia True Boardman as Martha Dixon
- Richard Tucker (actor) as Mr. Dixon
- Donald Kerr (actor) as Drunk shooting dice
- Eleanor Thatcher as Dancer
- Neal Pratt as Brad
- Jimmy Tolson as Club Singer Jimmy
Director/writer Dorothy Davenport appears in the film in the role of "Mrs. Merrill."
The Road to Ruin
is a sound re-make of a 1928 silent film of the same name, written and produced by Willis Kent and also starring Helen Foster.
Felicia Feaster and Bret Wood. Forbidden Fruit: The Golden Age of Exploitation Film. (Midnight Marquee Press, 1999). ISBN 1-887664-24-6
Pre-Code sex films
Category:Films made before the MPAA Production Code
Category:Films directed by Dorothy Davenport
Category:1930s drama films