File:The Haunted House (1921).webm
The Haunted House
- For the 1913 film, see The Haunted House (1913 film).
is a 1921 in film short comedy film starring comedian Buster Keaton. It was written and directed by Keaton and Edward F. Cline. The runtime is 21 minutes. One of the more memorable sequences of the film involves bank teller Buster spilling glue all over his counter, reminiscent of a scene in his first film The Butcher Boy (1917 film)
Buster Keaton is a bank teller who becomes involved in a hold-up, counterfeiters, and a theatrical troupe posing as spooks in a haunted house.
The film ends with a famous sequence of Keaton ascending to heaven, and then descending to Hades.
- Buster Keaton - Bank Clerk
- Virginia Fox - Bank President's Daughter
- Joe Roberts - Bank Cashier
- Edward F. Cline - Customer in Bank
- Natalie Talmadge - Fainting Female Bank Customer (uncredited)
- List of American films of 1921
- Buster Keaton filmography
Category:1920s comedy films
Category:American silent short films
Category:Films directed by Buster Keaton
Category:Haunted house films
Category:Films directed by Edward F. Cline
Category:Metro Pictures films
Category:1920s short films
Category:American comedy films