Niagara Falls


No more uploads I was very satisfied with FTP uploading at I was able to see exactly how much of the upload had been completed. I was able to see the rate at which the upload was progressing. And, perhaps most important of all, I was able to resume an interrupted upload. In other words, if I had uploaded 90% of a file when the connection was lost, all I had to do was reconnect and upload the remaining 10%. The programmers at have eliminated the best way of uploading, uploading via FTP. They have decided to force everyone to use an inferior, cruder method. The programmers at want you to be completely dependent upon and at the mercy of Adobe Corporation; in other words, they want you to use the Flash uploader. When using the Flash uploader, there is a progress indicator that gives only a very rough idea of how much of the file has been uploaded. There is nothing to indicate the rate at which the upload is progressing. There is no way to resume an interrupted upload. The Flash uploader is much more primitive than uploading by FTP. When attempting to use the non-flash uploader, this message appears: "Unfortunately we do not have upload progress feedback while files transfer during this (non-flash) method." And, of course, there is no way to resume an interrupted upload. Unbelievably crude. But the incompetent programmers at will probably tell you that the non-FTP methods of uploading are "way kewl" and have lots of nifty blinking lights. When the programmers at removed the best way of uploading, they didn't make it easier to upload. They made it harder. They probably resented that the best way made their ways seem so clunky by comparison. And they felt that they needed to make it appear that they were earning their paychecks by making some sort of an "improvement". It seems that they have no interest in making things easier for contributors to and that they are only interested in making things easier for themselves. I have uploaded over 200 videos (feature films and television shows) to Since the programmers at have used their time to sabotage FTP uploading, I will be unable to upload any more videos. A man and a woman who just met are mistaken for newlyweds and are forced to stay together in a hotel's bridal suite.

Niagara Falls is a 1941 American comedy of errors film directed by Gordon Douglas (director) that was one of Hal Roach's Streamliners.

Plot summary

A peanut vendor sights a man named Sam Sawyer attempting suicide by jumping off a cliff into the waters below. The vendor offers a free bag of peanuts to hear Sam's story of what brought him to make such a decision.
Through Flashback (narrative) Sam relates that he and his wife Emily made their way to Niagara Falls for their honeymoon. On the way there Sam and Emily sight a bickering young couple named Tom and Margie who they later see at their hotel. Tom and Margie are two strangers who met through automobile accidents that have destroyed their cars, leaving them furious with each other. Unknown to each other, Tom and Margie hitch rides to the same hotel they both plan to stay at. Once at the hotel Sam sees Tom and Margie arguing and Sam wrongly assumes they are married but having a quarrel. He offers his and Emily's reserved bridal suite to the couple so they can be reconciled.
As the two are not keen on the idea, Sam marches them at gunpoint into the smaller room he and Emily had taken in exchange for the bridal suite, and locks them in. To the distress of Emily, Sam is so keen on bringing the couple together he stays up all night with his large revolver facing their room to prevent escape attempts.
During the night the young couple realise they are in love, and have a minister and a witness, who are hotel guests, marry them. In the morning Sam and the management of the hotel discover that the couple really were not married after all. The female guests of the hotel demand they all be evicted in shame.


  • Marjorie Woodworth as Margie Blake
  • Tom Brown (actor) as Tom Wilson
  • ZaSu Pitts as Emmy Sawyer
  • Slim Summerville as Sam Sawyer
  • Chester Clute as Hotel Manager Potter
  • Edgar Dearing as Motorcycle Cop
  • Edward Gargan as Chuck
  • Gladys Blake as Trixie
  • Leon Belasco as Head Waiter
  • Rand Brooks as Honeymooner
  • Margaret Roach as Honeymooner
  • Jack Rice as Hotel Desk Clerk


ZaSu Pitts and Slim Summerville had made a streamliner prequel Miss Polly playing the same characters. When some cinemas used to accept double features, Hal Roach combined the two films into one standard length feature with the same title.

Category:1941 films
Category:American films
Category:English-language films
Category:Black-and-white films
Category:Niagara Falls in fiction
Category:1940s romantic comedy films
Category:American romantic comedy films
Category:Hal Roach Studios


More Public Domain Movies