It's a Joke, Son!
is a 1947 American film directed by Benjamin Stoloff featuring radio comedian Kenny Delmar as Senator Claghorn; the inspiration for the cartoon character Foghorn Leghorn.
When the Daughters of Dixie nominate Magnolia Claghorn as a candidate for State Senator, the local political machine run by Northerners fear their candidate will be defeated. Through the Claghorn's daughter's boyfriend Jeff, the machine gets the idea to run Magnolia's husband Beauregard as a candidate in order to split the anti-machine vote.
They don't count on Beaurgard's incredible popularity and seek to stop him.
<!-- Deleted image removed: } -->
- Kenny Delmar as Senator Claghorn
- Una Merkel as Mrs. Magnolia Claghorn
- June Lockhart as Mary Lou Claghorn
- Kenneth Farrell as Jefferson "Jeff" Davis
- Douglass Dumbrille as Big Dan Healey
- Jimmy Conlin as Senator Alexander P. Leeds
- Matt Willis as Ace, Healey's Henchman
- Ralph Sanford as Knifey, Healey's Henchman
- Daisy as Daisy
- Vera Lewis as Hortense Dimwitty
- Margaret McWade as Jennifer Whipple
- Ida Moore as Matilda Whipple
- Dixie (song)
- The Bonnie Blue Flag
Category:Eagle-Lion Films films
Category:1940s comedy films
Category:Films directed by Benjamin Stoloff